A little Father's Day reflection...

A little Father's Day reflection...
As a professional baseball fan, scout and father of a prospect, yesterday was more than just a Father’s Day celebration to me. My son, John, started my day off with a phone call from Wilmington, DE. It is always great to hear his voice as he continues his journey in professional baseball. He sounded a little eager to relax following Sunday’s afternoon game with a 3 day mid-season break from the first full-season of his career. Sure, I wish he had received some love from the Carolina League coaches that determined the All-Star roster, but he has plenty more years for that type of acknowledgement for his performance on the field.





Recently, I have returned to the dugout in the Southern California area with a local Connie Mack team. Our game yesterday, brought some emotions while watching some of the Dads get hugs from their boys following the order by the head coach. Bobby Gould, a long time friend, through professional baseball, has always been a true pleasure to share a dugout with through some of his special antics he is known for.



Reflecting on the drive home, I remembered that I have not had my son, or daughter for that matter, around me on Father’s Day for the last five years. John was busy playing baseball in Ohio with the Midland Redskins organization, on their Mickey Mantle team the Braves, for two years, starting in 2006 and obviously on the road in pro ball the last three years. My daughter, Cayla, is another long story, but not for this site. I am very proud of both of my kids for their accomplishments.



Not sure when John Lamb will be on the bump again, but you can be rest assured we will be listening on the radio with tremendous pride and excitement as he starts the second half of the 2010 season. Our left coast side of the family wishes the Blue Rocks well during the break and a successful second half of the season in the Carolina League.



GO ROCKS!
 
 

- - - James Lamb
Baseball Prospect Guide, Inc.
Founder and CEO  
Baseball Prospect Guide
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...