First flight of the season

First flight of the season
Laguna Hills, CA - An earlier conversation with my son John Lamb confirmed he will be throwing for the Double A Northwest Arkansas Naturals on Saturday at Kauffman Stadium against the Triple A Omaha Storm Chasers during an exhibition game for the Kansas City Royals fans. John indicated, “I feel good and I’m looking forward to it, ” which is really a good example of a typical answer for most games during my son’s pro baseball career. Game is set to begin following the regularly scheduled Royals game 3 of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim season opening series. John and many other fellow teammates will be boarding their first flights of the season and for most I’m sure their first time playing in front of a Kansas City crowd that is anxious to win again and return a championship to the city.






There has been a large media buzz about the Royals prospects and their farm system throughout the baseball community. I have seen local, regional, national and even worldly reports about the players within the Royals development system and it brings me tremendous satisfaction over the acknowledgement. However, I’m confident most, if not all, of these talented young men realize the true value of these articles, lists and opinions soaring about the world of communication. I know of one for sure that will not be satisfied by the words of the media until he is in the show helping his team win another championship ring. Saturday’s minor league assignment and game in front of the watchful eyes of an eager crowd will be exciting for players, coaches, staff, families and fans alike.



Plans to break down my son’s performance through heavy evaluation and opinion are not for this media platform, but for those of you that may have never seen my son in person throw a ballgame I would like to make a few suggestions. He works at a smooth but fast pace, so hit the concessions and bathrooms early unless your fully satisfied with the left-center field view of pitching on the monitors throughout the stadium. John’s typical strike throwing performances seen in the past can quickly expedite an already quick pace of work for the 20 year-old from the South Orange County area of Laguna Hills, CA. John said he was up first for the Naturals but offered no indication to his restricted pitch count numbers this early in a full-season schedule. John is merely one of many other prospects within the Royals system on display Saturday.






Enduring any form of long travel right now is an ongoing challenge and will need to be delayed until a little later on during this second full-season of my son‘s career. Hope to catch a glimpse of the game and John pitching on the television but not holding my breathe of finding a feed. I plan to simply listen to the radio broadcast just like I did when I was a little boy sitting in my Grandmas’ kitchen and grin during the game. While John Lamb takes another first step in his professional baseball career playing in front of the Royals fans, I may have a slightly bigger grin than when I was 6.



The Lamb family extends well wishes to all professional baseball players, coaches, staff, families and friends during the grind of another season trying to live out a dream.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...