The Story of this Blog

The Story of this Blog
I have created this blog for one reason.  I want to display the uniforms of baseball past and present.  I have always loved the game of baseball and although the sport has been documented more than any other in our country, the uniforms have been neglected for the most part.  Marc Okkonen published a wonderful book on the history of baseball uniforms in the early 90's.  Bill Henderson has a great guide that not only covers every jersey from the Double-Knit era, but he also shows collectors how to spot fakes.  The Baseball Hall of Fame sort of documents baseball uniforms in Dressed to the Nines.  But batting practice and alternate uniforms are ignored past 1994.

I want to close the gap between what Okkonen started and what Dressed to the Nines is trying to accomplish.  In order to do that I needed my own template.  So I spent a great deal of time working on a baseball template that would show off the uniform the way it should.  The template does have some minor flaws but I think it represents the uniform front very well.  The model for the template is Giants ace Tim Lincecum.  Here is an example below:

Using Tim Lincecum as a model, I can re-create any uniform from any team.
I will probably post every time I start on a new team and when I find out new and interesting information about a uniform item.  I will also use this blog to talk about baseball in general and maybe show off some of my uniform collection.  Thanks to everyone that is following me.  If you see any errors in the uniform please e-mail me so I can correct them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...