"COLLEGE CORNER" with Steve Van Note

"COLLEGE CORNER" with Steve Van Note

Steve Van Note
COMMUNICATING WITH COLLEGE COACHES--
Send a Clear, Concise E Mail and Introduce Yourself!!


As part of your plan to make colleges aware of your talent and interest, you should send a note to your top college choices and introduce yourself.  Be proactive and show your interest in the school via an e mail note that is short and to the point.

See the Sample e mail note below as an example:


Coach Smith,

My name is Steve Van Note from West Chester, PA and I play for the All Star Baseball Academy 17U team.  My primary positions are pitcher and third base, and I was named second team All Ches-Mont League last year as a sophomore.  I am in the Class of 2012 at West Chester High School, where I have a 3.8 GPA.  This winter, I will be taking my SAT's and will make sure that the results are forwarded to your Admissions staff.

I have attached my season schedule and highlighted a few of our tougher games.  I will be attending the following showcases this month:  Showcase 1 on October 23-24 at Blue Rocks Stadium, and Showcase 2 at the Camden Riversharks Stadium on November 7-8  I would love for you to come out and watch. 


My coach is Mark Freed and his phone is 610-399-8050.  If you could send me any information about your program and upcoming camps, I would appreciate that greatly as I am very interested in your program. 

Thank you,

Steve  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...