Hug-A-Blogger Award

Hug-A-Blogger Award

This award is to be bestowed upon a blogger whom you are so appreciative of, you would like to meet and hug this person in real life. Perhaps their blog makes you smile, gives you great advice, or they are supportive, warm and welcoming hosts/hostesses to their visitors.
The recipient of this award is to:

Tell of their most memorable hug ever.

Explain who they want to give the award to and why they want to hug that person.

I want to tell you about my most memorable hug. My Dad is someone who I looked up to and admired. He was the strong one, the protector of the family. After he went through two years of heart surgery, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer disease. We started noticing him not paying attention to the things we said to him, and looking like he was spaced out. He slowly became a shell of the man he once was and it was hard to watch. My Mother was helping him do most of the everyday things we take for granted. If you hugged him, he didn’t respond with a hug. After several months, his doctor recommended a new medication for the disease. They decided to give it a try. Immediately he showed improvement. He was back to doing the everyday things he used to do and didn’t need his cane to walk with. The best thing was that first hug afterwards which was strong and so full of love. I had my Dad back. Sadly, it was only for a few months, but I will always treasure that special moment we shared.

To narrow it down to one blogger I want to meet and hug was tough. I want to hug all my followers. I decided on two blogs that I enjoy reading. My first blog is Dr. Heckle, http://www.drheckle.net/. He posts the craziest pictures and has everyone make a comment. Sometimes the comments are funnier than the pictures and I am always guaranteed a laugh when I check out his posts. I haven’t seen another blog acquire over 500 followers in such a short time.

The next blog is one I found thanks to Brian of Photographing the Dead . The blog is The Digial Looking Glass and created by Tara. Tara take us to incredible cemeteries and photographs the amazing headstones, carvings, statues, and other exciting areas of the old places in her neck of the woods. She even gives us enjoyable stories about the history of these places while her camera captures the marvels. Take a look at her blog and become a follower too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...