The Force is With Me

The Force is With Me
It is definitely with me, 49 times. I guess that I need to explain. After a couple of years fighting with our mortgage company about making changes on our house payment, we got a lawyer to fight the bastards. We found out that they are not going to bend to our needs, so we are opting to leave the house. The house is 52 years old, needs repairs and was our home for over 18 years. We figure that we have a few months of not making a mortgage payment before they kick us out. We were sad because we never wanted to leave the house this way. The ideal situation was to sell it in a couple of years when the economy was better and buy another house west of Phoenix. We don’t always get what we want so we are taking this as a good thing instead of dwelling on the loss.
Since we received the news, my hubby and I have been going through the house and ridding ourselves of the collectibles and other junk which have no meaning or attachment for us emotionally. Years ago we were into collecting basketball cards, autographs, and action figures. We decided to start by removing the boxes that were stored in the attic several years earlier. I thought there would be about 8-10 boxes but I was wrong. He must have pulled at least 30 boxes down along with my daughters rocking horse. We started opening the boxes and couldn’t believe all the crap we saved. We told both of our kids that they needed to go through their boxes and take what they wanted with the rest going to Goodwill.


I told my husband that the closets were next. I knew that in our closet I had some unopened Star Wars action figures from 1995 to 2005. I was shocked by the amount of them I had stored away, 49 to be exact. We decided to look them up and found out that they had at least doubled in value from what I had paid for them when they were new. I even think that my Darth Maul might even be worth more but will need to check into that further. If you or anyone you know might be interested in buying the whole bunch for one price please email me and we can haggle over the amount. I am reasonable.

Also a heads up, I will be opening an Esty shop in a couple of weeks. The shop will consist of my handmade items and collectibles. I have many Coke, Pepsi, and other collectible items that will be featured when the shop opens. I am also hoping to get some handmade items on there at the time of opening but if not, the collectibles will be there. I will have a future post on my shop and the items for sell in it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...