My Crazy Palm Reading

My Crazy Palm Reading
I always felt that the bond between a mother and a child is a strong one. You spend at least nine months growing and developing in the comfort of her belly. After you are born the bond grows stronger. Is there possibly a spiritual bond as well? I think there is and have experienced that very strong connection. When I was in elementary and middle school, my Mother worked part time for a daycare center. We never knew which days she would be there in the morning on a school day. Typically the mornings consist of my Mother saying, "it's time to get up". I would also answer "ok", then carry my sleepy butt to the couch and usually spend 20 minutes trying to wake up. One of morning everything started out the same with her yelling for me to get up and me shouting out “ok”. What made this morning different from the others, she wasn't even there. I was surprised and taken back by the fact that her rousting me out of bed was so clear. That was a weird morning that I will never forget. Was it my Mother’s strong spirit willing me to get up or was it just the reputation of hearing the same thing over and over again?

This brings me to my crazy palm reading. I have only had my palm read twice in my lifetime. The first time was so long ago that I can't remember if what she predicted came true. The second time was just last year at the end of April. My friend thought that it might be fun to get our palms read to see if our futures would be promising. I have been laid off work for a month by then and was hoping that a new job was in my immediate future. All I could afford was the five dollar special which consisted of a 10 minute read. I went in the tiny little room where she asked a couple of generic questions. I put my hand in her hand with the palms up and she began the reading. She started by telling me that I will be changing jobs and doing something different sometime in the next three months. I didn't tell her that I was unemployed but that read sounded promising. Then she told me that I would be under lots stress from my job and would cause some health issues. Hum, what job? After that, she tells me that in the summertime, I will get some big news, possibly about having a baby. I know that I look young but considering that my baby was 21 years old at the time, I thought she was nuts. There was no way in hell I was going to have another baby! I told my friend what she said and was glad that I only spent five dollars for that crazy palm reading. Actually, less than a month later everything she said that would happen to me happened to my daughter instead. In May she had panic attacks brought on by the stress she was experiencing at work. After getting another job, her panic attacks went away and she seemed to be feeling better. As for that summer prediction, she got pregnant in August when her boyfriend paid her a visit. It seemed as if she was reading my daughter's future while looking at my palm. Perhaps there is something to that strong Mother/Child bond? I just wanted to share this story with all of you.

--Julie--
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...