The Girardi Advantage

The Girardi Advantage

Not that Joe Torre didn't do the small things like walking the length of the dugout in Spring Training to congratulate guys for sac flies, but I have a feeling Joe Girardi does them just a bit more this season.

Case In Point:joeG

Joe Girardi met with Joba Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy yesterday to discuss pitching one day after the neophyte right-handers were spanked by the Twins Wednesday in a 7-5 loss at Legends Field.

"I enjoy that part of the game," Girardi said. "I talked a little bit (yesterday). I talked to Ian and Joba and Alan Horne, just talked about things I saw and the importance of establishing the fastball and pitching in. It was just pitching strategy."

Kennedy gave up a monster two-run homer to Delmon Young, and Chamberlain watched a Garrett Jones blast land far into the seats of the right-field party deck with a runner on. Falling behind hurt each pitcher.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...