My Crazy Week

My Crazy Week

What started out as a fantastic week didn’t end as well.  On Monday my hubby and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in Sedona.  We stayed at Hotel L’auberge De Sedona which is located near Oak Creek.  We had a lovely cottage near the creek where we watched the ducks play.  The weather was in the 70’s, very clear and crisp.  The night before was to be our UFO tour but because of the high winds, that was cancelled.  The next day on our anniversary we decided to hit the many shops and take a ride up the narrow road through Oak Creek Canyon to the lookout above.  If you are ever in Sedona, you have to take that drive.  It is gorgeous up there and throughout the canyon.  We had a nice dinner later on and the rest I won’t mention, *wink*.


The next day we decided to take a trip to Jerome since it is only a few miles away from Sedona.  After driving the winding two lane narrow road to the top where the shops are located, we got out to check out the place.  The wind was blowing and it was chilly.  Jerome is like a throw-back to the 70’s.  Everyone is laid back and in a bit of a time warp.  I rather enjoyed that about the place.  There were many abandoned places and historical buildings but my hubs is not an adventurer and didn’t want to stop.  We did check out a couple of places but to get the full effect of what Jerome is all about, I will need to spend the night there with my road trip buddy (Sharon) and get into mischief getting our photos and video of the many cool places around town.


After Jerome, we went to the historic ruins of Tuzigoot.  It is amazing to see the partial construction of an ancient Indian ruins that were built thousands of years ago.  I took many pictures and will do a post on Tuzigoot and Jerome later.

Before arriving back at our cottage, we went back to the shops and grabbed a bite to eat.  We had to buy some delish chocolates on the way back to the car.  Back at the cottage, I took a bite of caramel and my damn temporary crown came off.  At dinner, I had to eat on the other side of my mouth where I have a broken tooth.  I have been putting off getting the permanent crown and a root canal on the broken tooth because of finances.  We simply don’t have the money for them right now.  The broken tooth has messed up my gums and now is infected.  It hurts like a mother f…er!

Today I was scheduled to finally get the basal cell cancer removed from my face.  But because my gums and tooth may be infected, the surgeon cancelled.  He wants me to see the dentist, get the tooth fixed and get my surgery rescheduled.  I have an appointment with the dentist later and hope he can fix the problem. 

What started out as a great week didn’t end on a high note.  I plan to take it easy this weekend, work on my book, and hopefully get more crafts done.  Next week promises to be better.  I will be busy getting ready for my granddaughter’s 2nd birthday party and hopefully will be blessed with being a grandma again.  My son and his wife are expecting any day now and we are so excited.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...