Short Story Series

Short Story Series
Hello readers!

So it's been a while since I've really been in the thick of things here at the Above the Norm blog. I just recently got back into it, I posted 2 of the last 3 blogs. I was having some really bad employment/financial issues. I was laid off from my job (but in a very back handed, sneaky way) in April and I only just got a new job a few weeks ago. I was walking a very very thin line with all my bills, I even had to pay my rent 4 days late, which is something I've never done. I fell way behind on my bills, I was constantly calling my bill companies to ask for some leeway. Thankfully they all did. I have about three more weeks of some really bad money struggling to go through (why does gas HAVE to be $2.60 when I have NO money lol), but there is finally an end in sight! Starting July 3rd I'll be all caught up on my bills, and life will be back to normal!

But 95% of my free time those past few months I spent searching for jobs or figuring out bill situations. I was always out and about selling what few things I had to get some extra gas and food money. So I wasn't able to spend much or any time really, on the blog. But I'm back now, and here to stay! I hope you all have enjoyed my last few blogs (Freaky Flicks and Symptoms of A Haunted Home). My work schedule is pretty great (5:30 AM-10:30 AM Monday-Friday) so I should have plenty of time now to catch up on my blogging.

But I wanted to announce that I am going to attempt to write a short story...in chapter by chapter increments and post each segment to the blog. My goal is to try to do 2 to 3 chapters a week on here. It will be one story going for about a month or so (maybe more). I have the general idea for my story planned out and I have a title: "It Was A Dark & Quiet Night...". I've always loved writing and at one point (and still do) wanted to be a screenwriter. Maybe that dream will come true one day...but for now I'll stick to story writing. It's supposed to be a mystery type story, but my mind always changes hehe.

So keep an eye out for that...part one may even be up a little later today.

Glad to be back!

--Mike--
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...