The Yankees Dirty Little Secret

The Yankees Dirty Little Secret
I don't hear it talked about much but I sure hear it every time the Red Sox are in town. Its the growing number of Red Sox fans that have invaded Yankee Stadium to make it Fenway south. Yesterday they seemed to have completely overrun the stadium and as a Yankee fan I find it tough to swallow. Yankee fans are supposed to be tough, passionate and sometimes over the top insane but clearly the makeup of our crowd has change to the point where Red Sox fans feel comfortable coming into Yankee Stadium and screaming at the top of their lungs. If you dispute my take of things go play the highlight video of Lowell's home run and listen to the crowd's reaction.

Of course the standard reaction of Yankee fans when you bring this up is there are a lot of Bostonians in New York just like there are a lot of New Yorkers in Boston. Then I ask why don't you hear the same roar from the crowd in Boston when the Yankees hit a big home run?

It pains me to write this but the truth of the matter is Boston fans have made themselves very comfortable in the Bronx. So I ask why doesn't anyone mention it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...