A Little Mustard for my Foot?

A Little Mustard for my Foot?
I have written more than once that I didn't understand the Yankee's decision to hire Dave Eiland as pitching coach. Phil 'The Messiah' Hughes put me in my place on his blog yesterday -

After coming back from my injury last season my mechanics were a little out of whack. This led to a little loss of velocity and command. When Dave arrived in September we were able to work out some things and I think that had a lot to do with the success I had at the end of the season. It was nice to finish off the year on a good note so I have something to work toward to get back to my normal self in 2008.

This will be my 3rd season working with Dave. When it comes to my mechanics and pitching mentality I don’t think there is anyone that knows me better. Everyone is very excited to have him this season.


Sorry, Dave; if Phil is that high on you I was obviously wrong.

Also, Phil returned from injury August 4 - why couldn't Gator fix TM's mechanics sometime in the month before Eiland got to The Stadium? I love Gator, but I've heard many things about his shorcomings as a pitching coach and this is the last nail in that coffin.

Anyway - welcome to the Bigs, Dave; we're glad to have you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...